What features would you like to see in 2024?

Hey M,

Then I hope you are aware that many people lost expensive wood blanks by not observing a few design flaws or incomplete furnishings of the Onefinity machines:

Then we want the same, for the same purpose. But I bought my Journeyman already, that unfortunately has Y in the short dimension and X on the long. A solution for this I had in mind (except asking Onefinity to sell me two Foreman Y rails separately), since I want to weld a machine base from steel profiles anyway, is to weld a frame that encloses the entire machine and to mount the machine upside down to it, with the spindle still pointing downwards. This way I would have no machine feet in the way, in no direction :slight_smile:

It is not really necessary, if you see the videos from Fender and Gibson factory. But if you build historical instruments with more complicated design, or with sophisticated neck joints, or instruments where the headstock is the head of an animal or another type of “sculpture”, you begin to think of a rotary axis. Therefore my machine base would not be a tabletop, but a U-shaped base with enough room for a rotary axis, and with wasteboards that can be attached at different heights above the rotary.

But you can very well mill a Jazz Bass neck on a gantry machine with flat table and that is too short and too narrow for such a neck, as is demonstrated here