Elite Table Builds

Here’s a few shots. Of the setup without my dust collector hose hooked up. As mentioned I’m glad I went with 70 inches square. The motors are within the footprint and there’s just enough room to set a tool or tape measure alongside the machine.

9 Likes

Posted table with elite journeyman mounted finally on another thread.

Its tight. Would recommmend going a couple inches wider at least.
Also will need to add some stability to it. Wobbles back and forth more than i like. Seems to work fine but would just lile more rigidity.

Also not able to flip x&y like i was planning until extension cables are available… not a huge deal.

1 Like

Looks nice. How do you stow the controller in your storage position?

Thanks. I do like how the overall turned out.

Well. Havent tried storing it yet as ive been trying to cut with it and havent wanted to put it up yet :upside_down_face: but for the time being i will have to remove the masso to flip it. That is unti extension cables are available.

When i was installing the machine i did test it and the flipping worked fine. Very heavy with the gantry at the bottom so it wouldnt move. Will fix it to the centerpoint when i do it again in the future to help center the weight on the piviot point.

1 Like

Well for anyone following the flip top elite build thread i actually put in the store position today to move some stuff around. worked better than i expected.

I made inserts for the gantry so it wouldnt move and stayed on the pivot axis to make it easier to flip. Still heavy but manageable.

Had a verticle hold only on one side which works but with the weight its too much and would flex the table if i left it. So thats on hold till i have a more robust holding solution. May just have a stop block on the other side to keep our from flexing.

I did have to remove the masso but isnt that big of a pain and my lower drawers are the perfect storage for it while stored.

Granted it’s tight but fit like a glove

3 Likes

You have a nice looking setup there.

Well. Finally getting around to incorporating a vertical table.
Went with a center hole 30" x 6" off to the right of center.

Cut the wastboard wide and full length to be able to sit the jig into the table and for easy replacement.

Still designing but I really like Jays design he did for his Avid awhile back and incorporated similar options. still debating on what to make it out of and the connection to the top to keep it perpendicular to the horizontal - TBD.

Will see how she turns out

edit: link to vertical table build in separate thread

1 Like

Where did you get the aluminum extrusions?

I bought the extrusions and hardware from TNUTZ.

I second that using TNUTZ is an economical place to get the extrusions. I used them to pre-cut much of the parts for my table for my Elite Foreman.

2 Likes

Ordered my Elite Foreman a few weeks ago (should be here start of Nov-ish). I am working on a quick design. Primarily out of 2x4 with half lap grid for the top. I have created a cut list and exploded view… just need to go out and get all the materials.

Not shown in the picture The table will be located along my shop wall giving access to the back. So there will also be 6 drawers on the back, including access to the pass-through.

1 Like

I have an Elite Foreman coming to. I am reusing a previous rolling cart for a Journeyman and adding a 70x70 torsion box top with a notch on the right side for vertical milling. The table is made from 3/4 Baltic Birch … it took 3 4x8 sheets.

Once the machine is installed on the top, I will mill out a pattern of holes to take a flanged threaded insert. the spoilboard will be bolted to the top of the table.

Excuse the messy shop:

This top has some heft to it. I am going to guess somewhere between 150-225 pounds when finished.

1 Like

Just ordered my Foreman Elite and working up a plan for the table. Going for a 3/4"x66"x66" top, but getting it out of a single 4x8 sheet of ply. It requires some creative framing cutting and joinery. Table Frame is 2x2 steel with 1/4" diamond plate skirts on three sides.

2 Likes

I am new to the forum! Hello everyone.
I am on the fence between the Elite woodworker and the Journeyman. The price isn’t the issue its the space that it occupies! I have looked at a lot of table designs and I am not seeing a lot of info on the Woodworker. Is this model not widely used? If someone that has the woodworker could let me know their dream table dimensions, I would really appreciate it.
I see the machine is roughly 45x47. I see some table builds at 48x48 but they all say I wish I would have gone bigger. What is ideal to keep all the components on the table?

One other question I have is about the table + the QCW frame. Some people use it and some people don’t. Is it better to mount the machine directly to the table or mount it to the qcw frame which appears to sit on the table vs mount to the table. Any help on that topic would be helpful.
I will be building a fixed/flat (maybe mobile - just in case it needs to move for cleaning up) table for the CNC but I am not sure if I will need access to the machine from all sides or just three of them.
I am looking for some help from the veterans on this setup. I plan on ordering before the end of the month.

I have the Woodworker with a 49" x 48" table, the top is 2 pieces of 3/4 MDF laminated together with glue and screws then a 3/4" MDF spoil board on top of that. I built the frame extra heavy duty using all M/T joints at all junctions. I have mine on HD casters but considering removing them., I thought I would be moving the machine a lot but never do.
Thats my 2 cents worth
Pat

The table size is good for me

Any chance you can send a picture of your setup ?Just want to see how the spoilboard is situated.

My woodworker table build which is 60" square, 3/4 OSB top:

Has plenty of room all around and, if not mistaken, will just barely hold a Journeyman but without the enclosure.

Most recent state with the QCW and enclosure:

1 Like

Sure, see attached

1 Like

Hey Poppa,

the forum is really full of tables, and Woodworker (32"x32") and Machinist (16"x16") were the only models for a long time this forum existed.

However when I had my order placed for a Woodworker (with monthes of backorder!), and Journeyman (48"x32") came out, I canceled my order and got the Journeyman instead. The size is really a serious size and it is more versatile. But plan a serious room that it will occupy, especially space to reserve around the machine.

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hey Poppa,

You might be interested to see this:

1 Like