What features would you like to see in 2024?

Hey Bob, hey all,

The most out-of-the-box and ready-to-use VFD/spindle solution is what Daniel @PwnCNC offers. But it is the only one I know to which this applies. Generally, building a VFD/spindle installation is something that requires an electrician or an electrical engineer, as it contains so much components and so much options and requires to satisfy so many electrical safety regulations if you don’t want to be liable for something or someone damaged by your installation. You cannot expect this from Onefinity, as it is something very different to what they do and offer at the moment.

Installing a spindle is not what Ben Myers does on youtube, who still has the two videos online where he connects a spindle with three wires and no PE wire (:warning:) despite the fact that doing so is very dangerous (Don’t do this at home!). Installing a spindle/VFD and manufacturing and selecting the many components like cables, terminals, etc., means a lot more if you want to ensure electrical safety. A spindle requires installing and programming a VFD, and a VFD requires installation into a control cabinet and that you guarantee to comply with all safety regulations. That is always a custom work, and I don’t think Onefinity are going to change what they do into something completely different, because building a VFD/spindle installation and then also ensuring the safety of it, and then also provide the support for it(!), that IS something completely different to what they do.

However, there is what I consider to be the best milling motor solution for hobbyists and semiprofessionals. It requires no VFD, no custom wiring, and is the standard for CNC routers here in Europe and most of the rest of the world. These milling motors are made for heavy use in a CNC machine (unlike the Makita hand trim router, which is made for short, hand-held use and which, as Makita support stated, looses its warranty as soon you mount it into a CNC machine, and is likely to burn your workshop down if you overload it.).

A mount for such “Euro” mount milling motors on the Onefinity is requested, but still no answer.

Welcome to the forum!

5 Likes