Help Controlling Router/Vac Auto On with Masso

Hey Bill,

I see you have S15000 M3, M8, and T1 M6 in your g-code which should be enough to make it work (I have no personal experience with Elite Series though).

With a Makita hand trim router, none of the spindle “VFD/PWM/STEP/DIR” settings have any meaning, also a Makita router cannot honor any of the speed settings (although you need to set S to a non-zero value) (however a milling motor like this one or this one with their analog speed control interface would work well with PWM mode (if Onefinity finally releases a 43 mm mount!)), and when using a Makita router, the M3/M5 spindle control is implemented only through the Onefinity Elite custom power supply sockets you see here:

Elite_Power_connections_on_power_supply
Image 1: Elite Series power connections on power supply

On the left you see the U.S. version. Are you sure you have the third separate plug in the lower row connected to a 120 V outlet? Does there come out 120 V on any of the vac/router sockets?

Elite_connections_from_Controller_to_power_supply
Image 2: Elite Series control cables from CNC controller to power supply

Also as you can read in the document “Troubleshooting: Rail is getting hung, stuck, or out of alignment (x35/x50 machines)”, there are some tips on cable and connector checking, and the Onefinity Elite uses the same type of non-shielded control cables with similar tin-plated Molex/Amphenol connectors and also with same lacking strain relief as the Standard Series, so I would have a look at some defects like these:

and also follow the tips for these:

To check all of these cables/connectors, after having followed the tips from the manufacturer above which consists of reseating the connectors, inspecting the crimp on their pins, etc., and this leads to no success, I would thoroughly check them this way:

1 Like