Request Items that are on the elite upgrade list (I didn't buy my masso from Onefinity)

I ask if I could purchase the elite home sensors and triggers, bause i alreay had a masso g3 touch
from a previous build and then i upgraded to a proseries woodworker without controller and and the
problem i am having is setting up the masso homing sensors because i am not good with producing
homing triggers and ask onefinitycnc if they would let me purchase ( well there masso home sensors
with the case and triggers and they told me to sell my masso g3 touch that cost 1,290.00 plus tax ( this is
before onefinity start elite and i just used mechanical switches that was on the machine i was using
and now switching over to onefinity woodworker because i am a small shop the elite was out of my price range especially the shipping cost and taxes on top of the 3600.00 price and i can get the mechanical switch to work right because the elite machine is not setup for use with other home sensors with out 3d printing or rigging something else and i don’t own a 3d printer or the knowleged of how to mount … So i asked and they told me to sell my masso g3 touch and proseries i just purchased
and order a 4000 or more elite woodworker i own a small business and to sell the machine and masso
could take a while and then plus i would would have to wait till the elite was made and sent out which could take 3 months plus the time to sell the used masso g3

Hey Mike,

you can attach any type of limit sensor to a Masso G3 controller, e.g. inductive proximity sensors →  give the best (homing reproducibility) results. Yes, you’ll need a few 3D printed parts, but more than →  one forum user has made such parts for limit sensors and could be willing to make such parts for you.

On these photos, @TMToronto attached the inductive proximity sensors to a MASSO G3.

I’m sure that if it’s just the limit sensors that you need, you will get help on how to wire them to the Masso G3 in this forum. The only problem to solve would be to find someone who 3D prints you the parts for attaching them.

Another question: If you buy an Onefinity Elite machine, you not only get the Masso G3 and the Onefinity photoelectric homing sensors, but you also get the components that are listed →  in this post. If you don’t buy an Elite Machine, do you intend to procure / manufacture all these components yourself? Or do you already have some from your previous Masso G3 build?

1 Like

Hey Mike,

I cannot influence what the Onefinity manufacturer does or will offer to you, but if you already have all that stuff, and it’s just the sensor holders and/or triggers that are missing, you could really look if someone who has a 3D printer and some time makes them for you. Many people in this forum own a 3D printer.

Image: Tom’s inductive proximity sensor holder (3D printable)

I know this is not for your Masso photoelectric sensors, but for cylindrical inductive proximity sensors, but it shows how simple it is technically.

The Onefinity proprietary housing for the Masso photoelectric sensor and the trigger look this way:

No rocket science for someone that has a 3D printer, can do some CAD/CAM, and is willing to help you.

1 Like

Hey Mike,

You mean these? If I need a slotted optocoupler, I spend less than 1 €. Okay it has no waterproof housing and the cable still must be soldered to it. But when do you use the Onefinity under water.

1€ opto sensors are certainly not as precise as you need for a CNC. Masso most likely sells the omron EE-SX671P-WR (0.002mm repeatability @ 25°C), which has a single unit price of $46 at digikey.

Hey Joergen,

of course, my comparison is a little flawed because the Masso and the Omron slotted optocouplers come with a housing and cable.

But in view of this price, I can be all the more pleased with my decision in favor of the Omron E2B inductive proximity sensors for €18 (similar to the ones Tom shows in the photos above)

1 Like

Hey Mike,

of course that is correct. I too would suggest that sensors should be waterproof for this reason (the Omron E2B are). I just wanted to spot on the price that seems high to me. By the way, photoelectric sensors are still susceptible to dust and debris, inductive proximity sensors fear neither liquids nor dust.

2 Likes

“By the way, photoelectric sensors are still susceptible to dust and debris, inductive proximity sensors fear neither liquids nor dust.”

That is why automation manufacturers tend to favor inductive sensors for the automotive industry at least. Ruptured hydraulic lines can easily blind optical sensors. As stated though, that is hardly applicable to this situation.

2 Likes